This Side of West is run by a dedicated group of UVic undergraduate students.
Volunteering for This Side of West is a great opportunity for UVic undergrads who want experience in editing and publishing.
We are looking for volunteers for the positions listed below. Positions will remain open until filled.
Director of Equity and Diversity
We are hiring a Director of Equity and Diversity. The Director of Equity and Diversity will help This Side of West’s Executive Team realize its goal to publish 50% BIPOC artists in Issue 20. Among other duties, the Director of Equity and Diversity will have the following responsibilities:
- Contact student unions, departments, and individual authors to inform them of This Side of West’s submission opportunities.
- Work with the Director of Social Media to communicate our values via Social Media.
- Report on submission demographics and provide suggestions on how to make This Side of West’s staff and publication more diverse.
To apply, send the following to email@example.com.
- A 100-300 word cover letter.
- A resume detailing any relevant experience.