We will be accepting applications for all positions starting July 15th. This year, we are looking for a Director of Social Media and a Director of Graphics, as well as two first year Interns. We are no longer looking for Drama Editors or for a Director of Submissions.
To apply, please submit a resume and a cover letter outlining your interest in the position, one idea for an online writing event that could engage writing students during the pandemic, and any previous relevant experience. Applications and questions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Each TSOW Staff Member will…
- Submit a piece for publication for Fall editor’s anthology
- Attend each biweekly meeting
- Attend TSOW events to support your fellow club members
- Represent the club by actively promoting TSOW events in your classes
Director of Social Media
- Develop a consistent and attractive theme for the TSOW instagram and Facebook pages
- Update social media pages on a weekly basis
- Promote all Writing department events, all writing opportunities for undergraduate students, all TSOW events, as well as events at other UVic undergraduate writing journals (the Warren, the Martlet, etc.)
- Develop online initiatives to engage the UVic writing community via social media
Director of Graphics
- Design posters for each TSOW event
- Using a program like Adobe Indesign, arrange the layout for the Editor’s Anthology and for Issue 19
- Collaborate with club members to choose artwork for Editor’s Anthology cover and Issue 19 cover, or create your own artwork/photography for each cover
- Collaborate with the Director of Social Media to maintain consistent themes throughout social media platforms and graphics designs
- First Year Interns are guaranteed an Editor position the following year.
- Attend all TSOW events, and help with event organization and logistics.
- Promote all TSOW events in your Writ 100 class and via social media.
- Interns are able to shadow edit submissions and assist with the selection process.
- Interns work closely with their co-intern to promote events.
- Interns act as a contact between TSOW and the First Year Writing community. They ensure first years are aware about upcoming TSOW and UVic Writing opportunities, and recruit first years to attend events.
- Recruit at least ten first years to take part in the February First Year’s Reading.
- Participate in the First Year’s Reading.